The original St. Bartholomew’s church, on the unceded ancestral lands of the Skwxwu7mesh Nation, was established in 1892 by The Rev. H.G. Fiennes-Clinton. The building was fully restored and incorporated into the present-day structure as our ‘Bethlehem Chapel’ in 1991. The original belfry still calls congregants to worship each Sunday.
In 1935, the church of St. Aidan’s was established in Roberts Creek under the auspices of The Rt. Rev. A. U. De Pencier. When the two church families joined in worship at St. Bart’s in 1984, the building was decommissioned. It still stands on Roberts Creek Road. The Anglican Parish of St. Aidan & St. Bartholomew was created in 1984 with the merging of the congregations of St. Aidan’s church in Roberts Creek and St. Bartholomew’s in Gibsons. The parish is part of the Capilano-Sea to Sky Deanery situated in the Diocese of New Westminster.